George Mutch born 1828 in the parish of Old Deer - died 26 May 1903 in the parish of Savoch
~ His father was James Mutch [J22]
~ Spouse Sarah Mackie born 1821 - died 15 January 1896
They married 29 June 1850 in the parish of St Fergus, Banff
~ Children were:
- Margaret born 18 May 1848 in the parish of St Fergus, Banff christened 17 June 1848 in the parish of Ellon. Married Basil Knox.
- Mary born 22 August 1850 christened September 1850 in the parish of Ellon. Married James Thomson.
- James born 26 October 1851 in the parish of Tarves christened 20 November 1851 in the parish of Ellon - died 10 December 1890 in the parish of Ellon. Married Christina Geddes.
- Elizabeth born 17 September 1853 christened 27 October 1853 in the parish of Savoch - died 30 September 1947 at Udny Green in the parish of Udny. Married William Maver.
- Christian born 10 April 1855 in the parish of Tarves - died 13 February 1936 at 85 Station Road in the parish of Ellon.
- George born 11 July 1856 in the parish of Ellon - died 4 November 1938 at Maud in the parish of New Deer. Had a relationship with Magdalene Mowatt.
Information for this line comes from Valerie Campbell. Her family line goes down through James and can be seen on ANESFHS Ancestor Chart 10579.
George's parents were James + Elizabeth Mitchel.
ANESFHS Ancestor Chart 6152 shows Christian/Christina having a child Elizabeth Mackie Mutch born 30 November 1876 in Tarves by William Mackie, but Valerie has written:
Christina wasn't married, she is buried in Savoch with her parents. She died at 85 Station Road Ellon which later became the old folk's home and her death was registered by my grandfather, James Mutch, her grand nephew, and he is given as 10 Gordon Terrace, Ellon, which was correct for 1936.
Valerie has also provided a lot of information on the families of the children of this family line.
Nancy Loe has provided a copy of the marriage details for daughter Elizabeth and William Maver.
This information was printed from the Mutch Surname Website (www.mutches.com). If you can provide any new information, or correct any of the details above, please send it to the Webmaster at the email address posted on the website.