Thomas Mutch born 1817 christened 13 August 1817 in the parish of Peterhead - died 27 July 1896 at Fetterangus in the parish of Old Deer
~ His father was Alexander Mutch [A8]
~ Spouse Margaret Lamb born 1821 in the parish of Longside
They married 9 December 1850 in the parish of Peterhead
~ Children were:
- James born 8 March 1851 christened 21 April 1851 in the parish of Peterhead.
- Margaret born 2 October 1852 christened 26 October 1852 in the parish of Peterhead.
- Christian born 10 May 1854 christened 28 June 1854 in the parish of Peterhead. Married John Cruickshank.
- Thomas born 24 September 1855 in the parish of Peterhead - died 29 May 1935 at 9 West Donington Street in the parish of Dardel, Ayr. Had a relationship with Jessie Alexander.
- George born 23 November 1857 in the parish of Peterhead - died 13 December 1926 at McLachlan Street, Stenhousemuir in the parish of Larbert, Stirling. Had a relationship with Elizabeth Grant.
- Robert born 1 September 1859 in the parish of Peterhead.
- Alexander born 31 May 1862 in the parish of Peterhead.
- Mary Ann Arthur born 27 July 1864 in the parish of Peterhead.
- Jane born 11 June 1866 at Berryhill in the parish of Peterhead - died 19 February 1945 in the parish of Forbes, NSW Australia. Had a relationship with Alexander Duncan.
Details of Thomas were taken from ANESFHS Ancestor Chart 1058. This chart shows his parents as Alexander + Elisabeth Logie. I have since found his death registration on the Scotland's People website. This gives his mother's name as Elisabeth Glennie. He died as a pauper and the informant was his son Thomas.
Details of daughter Jane were provided by Barbara Crook (nee Duncan) who added the following:
She was the second wife of Alexander Duncan and they had 7 children. Alexander had 2 children by a previous marriage. Jane & Alexander Duncan were my grandparents.
Details of daughter Christian's marriage have come from Kathy Mitchell.
I found son George's death registration on Scotland's People site.
I found the death registration for son Thomas on Scotland's People. It lists him as a Gas Work Labourer (retired) and widower. Registration was done by Andrew Dunning, son-in-law, which would imply at least one daughter exists.
This information was printed from the Mutch Surname Website (www.mutches.com). If you can provide any new information, or correct any of the details above, please send it to the Webmaster at the email address posted on the website.