...I am descended from your # J07, John Mutch (born Jan. 17, 1749 at Cockmuir) and Margaret Cruikshank. I am descended from J09, James Mutch (born Jan. 21, 1780 at Rayne) and Ann Black, through their son George, born May 21, 1813 and his marriage to Jane Glennie.
According to a chart that was sent to me, # J07's parents are George Mutch and Margaret Walker, who were married June 12, 1739 in Cockmuir (they had 5 children, Barbara, b. Oct. 3, 1742, Hugh Mutch, born Jan. 5, 1746, John (my guy), Janet born Jan. 16, 1753 and George, born May 13, 1755 (or 1756, the print isn't clear).
I would be very happy to speak to any relative, no matter how distant! Anne Godfrey (great, great, great granddaughter of George Mutch and Jane Glennie (who died in 1905 of a rat ulcer of the face....)
His father was George Mutch [G7]
Spouse Margaret Cruickshank.
They married 16 December 1770 in the parish of Rayne.
- Isobel born 12 September 1771 in the parish of Rayne christened 18 September 1771 in the parish of Rayne. Married James Diack.
- Helen born 1773 christened 24 October 1773 in the parish of Rayne.
- John [J13] born 1775 christened 14 November 1775 in the parish of Rayne. Had a relationship with Anne Milne.
- George [G5] born 1778 christened 8 March 1778 in the parish of Rayne. Married Helen Ogilvie.
- James [J9] born 1780 christened 21 January 1780 in the parish of Rayne - died 6 March 1864 at Hornfields in the parish of Rayne. Had a relationship with Ann Black.
- Margaret born 1783 christened 22 September 1783 in the parish of Rayne.