... an extract from Newmachar PRs ... the names of the farms in the baptismal entries, leads me to the conclusion that Alexander Mutch and Isobell Brow were the parents of the Alexander who married Jean Elrick and who was the father of the Alexander (1759-1831) who I believe married Helen Rust (but who is also claimed by the PEI based Mutch families as their ancestor).
The place names associated with the children (1720-1732) of the first Alexander were for 1720-1723 Boghill/Boghall, and for 1727-1732 Longhill. I believe these are either the same place or close together, as another baptism (where a Mutch was a witness) from 1739 refers to the farm Middleback of Rosehall alias Boghall. Rosehall is quite close to Longhills as you can see from the attached map of 1870 (Middle Tack is even closer)
The place name associated with the children (1755-1764) of Alexander Mutch and Jean Elrick (including John in 1755 and Alexander in 1759) is Longhill of Rosehall...
His parent is not known.
- Alexander [A9] born 1720 christened 13 May 1720 at Boghall in the parish of New Machar. Married Jean Elrick
- John born 1722 christened 16 February 1722 at Boghall in the parish of New Machar
- John born 1723 christened 23 November 1723 at Boghall in the parish of New Machar
- Isobell born 1727 christened 30 July 1727 at Longhill in the parish of New Machar
- Jean born 1729 christened 13 September 1729 at Longhill in the parish of New Machar
- Christian born 1732 christened 26 August 1732 at Longhill in the parish of New Machar. Married David Murray