James Mutch born 1780 christened 16 December 1780 in the parish of New Deer - died 29 September 1874 in the parish of New Deer
~ His father was James Mutch [J3]
~ Spouse Elisabeth Massie born 1790 christened 12 November 1790 in the parish of New Deer - died 22 March 1860 at Allathan in the parish of New Deer
They married 2 September 1815 in the parish of New Deer
Her father was George Massie and her mother was Elizabeth Mutch
~ Children were:
- James born 1816 christened 9 August 1816 in the parish of New Deer - died 4 March 1870 at Allathan in the parish of New Deer.
- George born 1818 christened 22 June 1818 in the parish of New Deer.
- Elizabeth born 1820 christened 27 May 1820 in the parish of New Deer.
- Alexander [A26] born 1822 christened 1 May 1822 in the parish of New Deer - died 10 June 1888 at Backhill, Lethenty, Millbrex in the parish of Fyvie. Married Elizabeth Ironside.
- William born 1824 christened 20 February 1824 in the parish of New Deer. Married Catherine Dalziel.
- John born 1826 christened 6 May 1826 in the parish of New Deer.
- Hugh born 22 May 1828 christened 13 June 1828 in the parish of New Deer.
- Janet born 1830 christened 9 May 1830 in the parish of New Deer.
- Ann born 1832 christened 1 June 1832 in the parish of New Deer.
Details for son William taken from ANESFHS Ancestor Chart 2415 - although his marriage details are those shown in IGI. This chart also shows James' parents as James + Ann Rothney.
I think I have found this family in the 1841 census living at Allathan, New Deer. The children's names match but the calculation of the ages has been rounded as was the practice -sometimes!
Dave Massie has supplied a copy of the OPR entry for Elizabeth Massie's death on 22 March 1860 in New Deer.
I now have a copy of James' death registration which confirms his wife's and parent's names
I also found a copy of son James' death registration on the Scotland's People website. The informant was his brother John.
This information was printed from the Mutch Surname Website (www.mutches.com). If you can provide any new information, or correct any of the details above, please send it to the Webmaster at the email address posted on the website.