William Mutch born 1744 christened 17 June 1744 in the parish of Peterhead - died 5 January 1799 at Cocklaw in the parish of Peterhead
~ His father was George Mutch [G8]
~ Had a relationship with Janet Morrison born 1742 - died 19 June 1824
~ Children were:
- James [J43] born 1777 christened 29 April 1777 in the parish of Logie Buchan - died 29 December 1863 at Earlseat in the parish of Cruden. Married Elspet Mitchel.
- Robert born 1779 christened 25 February 1779 in the parish of Logie Buchan.
- Alexander [A8] born 30 May 1781 christened 3 June 1781 in the parish of Logie Buchan - died 14 September 1845. Had a relationship with Ann Gray. Married Margaret Henry. Married Elizabeth Logie.
- John [J42] born 10 April 1783 in the parish of Logie Buchan christened 12 April 1783 in the parish of Logie Buchan - died 2 March 1842 at Muirhill in the parish of Peterhead. Married Ann Davidson.
- Thomas born 2 April 1785 christened 7 April 1785 in the parish of Logie Buchan.
- George born 8 June 1787 in the parish of Logie Buchan - died 19 October 1809 in the parish of Peterhead.
- Jannat born 26 April 1789 christened 29 April 1789 in the parish of Logie Buchan.
- Barbara born 1791 christened 10 May 1791 in the parish of Logie Buchan.
Dates for William and details of son Alexander taken from ANESFHS Ancestor Chart 1058. This chart also shows William's parents as George + Margaret Shewan.
The information about son John comes from Catriona Fraser, please see note under that family line about verification.
The death registration for son James led me to finding his and Jannat's birth on IGI.
Graeme Panton has provided death registration details for Janet Morrison.
The death details for William and son George are in the unpublished Peterhead MIs.
This information was printed from the Mutch Surname Website (www.mutches.com). If you can provide any new information, or correct any of the details above, please send it to the Webmaster at the email address posted on the website.