James Mutch born 1777 christened 29 April 1777 in the parish of Logie Buchan - died 29 December 1863 at Earlseat in the parish of Cruden
~ His father was William Mutch [W4]
~ Spouse Elspet Mitchel born 1781 - died 7 April 1843
They married 10 September 1803 in the parish of Peterhead
~ Children were:
- Alexander [A23] born 1803 - died 16 August 1875 at Woodside of Auquharney in the parish of Cruden. Married Christina Grant.
- William [W22] born 1806 - died 20 May 1872 at Waulkmill in the parish of Logie Buchan. Married Mary Shand.
- Isabella born 1808 in the parish of Peterhead - died 18 February 1882 in the parish of Slains. Married Andrew Gray.
- Thomas born 1814 in the parish of Peterhead - died 1892.
- John [J69] born 1818 in the parish of Peterhead - died 1885. Had a relationship with Elsie Wallace. Married Isabella Simpson.
This family line is listed a C1 in the 1929 Mutch Genealogy, where most of this information is taken from as I cannot find the children in IGI.. His parents are given as John or William + ? Murison.
Trish MacKenzie found James' death certificate which gave the following information:
James Mutch, Farmer, widower of Elspet Mitchell d. 29th Dec 1863 Woodside, Cruden age 86. Parents William Mutch, Farmer, deceased and ? MS Murison, deceased. Registered by John Mutch, son Mill of Forvie, Cruden.
Daughter Isabel(la) is shown on ANESFHS Ancestor Chart 7980.
I have received some details of the family tree of an uncle my father was raised by (the relationship comes from the mother's side - two Montgomery sisters married two separate Mutch lines). This links back to this family line through son William.
I found James' death registration on Scotland's People website. This led me to his parents and to his birth registration in IGI. The witness is his son John.
James and Elspeth's deaths are listed in the unpublished Peterhead MIs.
This information was printed from the Mutch Surname Website (www.mutches.com). If you can provide any new information, or correct any of the details above, please send it to the Webmaster at the email address posted on the website.