William Mutch born 1842 in the parish of Logie Buchan - died 3 November 1911 at Distillery Road in the parish of Old Meldrum
~ His father was James Mutch [J59]
~ Spouse Jessie Smith born 1844 at Mill of Cairnbrogie in the parish of Tarves christened 18 April 1844 in the parish of Tarves - died 22 April 1905
They married 27 July 1866 in the parish of Tarves
Her father was James Smith and her mother was Jane Gray who were married 27 December 1745 at Libberton in the parish of Lanark, Lanark. The IGI record for this marriage shows Jane as "Jean Gray or Paterson" which might imply a previous marriage.
~ Children were:
- Jessie Mutch born 30 June 1866 in the parish of Tarves.
- William Mutch born 15 March 1868 in the parish of Tarves - died 23 May 1942 in the parish of Aberdeen. I am very pleased to say that he married Elsie Bruce Knowles (1872-1936) on 12 July 1889 in the parish of Old Meldrum, otherwise my grandfather Harry James Mutch (1895-1973), their eldest son, may never have been born.
Here you see William and Eslie with their family in approx. 1922 - my Grandfather is standing on the extreme right.
- Jane Eliza Mutch born 25 July 1873 in the parish of Methlick.
- Elsie Mutch born 1876 in the parish of Methlick.
- James Mutch born 1879 in the parish of Methlick - died 23 December 1901 at Meadows, Waterton in the parish of Ellon.
- Alexander Mutch born 1883. He married a Lizzie Jaffrey who died 6 June 1902 aged 23. They had a daughter Jessie Smith Mutch who died 10 June 1902 aged 3 weeks. These details come from a stone in Ellon churchyard.
- George Mutch born 1885.
- Thomas Mutch born 1890.
This information was printed from the Mutch Surname Website (www.mutches.com). If you can provide any new information, or correct any of the details above, please send it to the Webmaster at the email address posted on the website.