~ His parent is not known.
~ Spouse Margaret Allan
They married 17 November 1805 in the parish of Old Machar
~ Children were:
- George born 1805 christened 17 November 1805 in the parish of Old Machar.
- William [W15] born 1807 christened 3 October 1807 in the parish of Belhelvie. Married Jane Masson.
- James [J58] born 1809 christened 8 June 1809 in the parish of Belhelvie - died 16 December 1891 in the parish of Ellon. Married Mary Keith.
- Alexander [A16] born 1818 in the parish of Foveran - died 8 April 1891 at Esslemont in the parish of Ellon. Married Amelia Pratt.
- Robert [R8] born 1823 in the parish of Ellon - died 30 September 1911 at Woodside in the parish of Aberdeen. Married Elspet Catto Kelly.
Information on son Robert taken from ANESFHS Ancestor Chart 3740.
Information on son James is taken from information provided by Trish Mackenzie. Trish wrote :
One of my ancestors is James Mutch [J05].He was a farmservant (as most folk were). His son James (bap. 8th June 1809 in Belhelvie) married Mary Keith on 15th July 1832 in Ellon. I haven't found James's death yet. Mary died 19th Aug 1894 aged 83 years. Her parents were George Keith and Mary Ironside.
William's details come from ANESFHS Ancestor Chart 8577 & have been comfirmed by Trish as well. This chart states that his wife Jane Masson had a second marriage to Thomas Knowles in 1876.
I have found son Alexander's death registration on the Scotland's People website.
This information was printed from the Mutch Surname Website (www.mutches.com). If you can provide any new information, or correct any of the details above, please send it to the Webmaster at the email address posted on the website.