James Mutch born 1780 christened 21 January 1780 in the parish of Rayne - died 6 March 1864 at Hornfields in the parish of Rayne
~ His father was John Mutch [J7]
~ Had a relationship with Ann Black born 21 September 1785 in the parish of Chapel of Garioch christened 22 September 1785 in the parish of Chapel of Garioch - died 19 April 1859 at Colliehill in the parish of Rayne
~ Children were:
- Jean born 19 July 1809 in the parish of Inverurie christened 1 August 1809 in the parish of Inverurie.
- Elspet born 1811 christened 26 May 1811 in the parish of Rayne. Had a relationship with George Smith.
- George [G15] born 21 May 1813 in the parish of Rayne christened 20 August 1813 in the parish of Rayne - died 18 January 1880 at Cottown, Badenscoth in the parish of Auchterless. Married Jean Glennie.
- Alexander [A28] born 1815 christened 17 January 1815 in the parish of Rayne - died 14 April 1885 at Colliehill in the parish of Rayne. Married Jane Blythe. Married Barbara McRobie.
- Margaret born 1816 christened 22 October 1816 in the parish of Rayne.
- Ann born 1819 christened 8 August 1819 in the parish of Rayne - died 29 October 1893 in the parish of Rayne.
- Jane born 1822 christened 3 September 1822 in the parish of Rayne - died 1899 at Buthlaw in the parish of Longside.
- Christian born 11 July 1824 in the parish of Rayne.
- Elizabeth born 4 July 1826 in the parish of Rayne.
- William born 23 July 1828 in the parish of Rayne - died 26 December 1891 in the parish of Auchterless. Had a relationship with Jane Philip. Married Elisabeth Burnett Bruce.
Anne Godfrey's family line goes on through George. She has traced back James' parents to John Mutch + Margaret Cruickshank.
Trish MacKenzie found James' death certificate which gave the following information:
James Mutch, Farmer, widower of Ann Black d.6 Mar 1864 Hornfields, Parish of Rayne aged 83. Parents John Mutch, Farmer, deceased and Margaret Cruikshank, deceased. Reg by William Mutch, son.
Further details and son William's details taken from ANESFHS Ancestor Chart 3040.
Daughter Margaret's details taken from ANESFHS Ancestor Chart 7912. The marriage details on this chart are wrong, see Family Line [J6] for the correct Margaret Mutch that married Alexander Auld. Thanks to Irene Stevens for pointing this out.
James and Anne with Elspet, Jane and William are shown as crofting at Collyhill, Rayne in the 1841 census. This also shows a Margaret Smith aged 5 in the household - daughter of Elspet?
Jo Anne Hawthorn is descended from son William. She has written:
I am the great-great-grand daughter of William Mutch born 7-23-1828 married to Eliza Burnett Bruce born 6-22-1844
She has sent me a GEDCOM file of this family.
Mary Lazell has provided additional information on this family. See Family Line [G7] for a copy.
Additional information on the children's families has now been sent to me by Jean Gibson. You can view the full details on this PDF file.
Jean followed this up with more details on the second family of son William. You can see the details here.
This information was printed from the Mutch Surname Website (www.mutches.com). If you can provide any new information, or correct any of the details above, please send it to the Webmaster at the email address posted on the website.