James Mutch born 1771 at Mireton in the parish of Insch christened 28 April 1771 in the parish of Insch - died 5 November 1847 at St Nicholas East Poorhouse in the parish of Aberdeen
Spouse Esther Nicol
- died 29 April 1845
in the parish of Aberdeen
They married 12 March 1812
in the parish of St Nicholas, Aberdeen
. The 1841 census shows them living in Virginia Street, Aberdeen and James' profession is given as shoemaker.
Her father was Thomas NicolChildren were:
- Thomas [T1] born 1815 in the parish of Nigg, Kincardine christened 3 April 1815 in the parish of Nigg, Kincardine - died 11 May 1900 at 29 Stoneywood in the parish of Newhills. Married Elizabeth Will.
- Peter Lang [P6] born 1817 christened 14 September 1817 in the parish of Nigg, Kincardine. Married Ann McBeath.
- Esther born 1820 christened 11 March 1820 in the parish of Nigg, Kincardine.
- Jean born 1822 christened 4 December 1822 in the parish of Nigg, Kincardine.
- David born 1824 christened 21 October 1824 in the parish of Nigg, Kincardine.
- Mary born 1826 christened 28 June 1826 in the parish of Nigg, Kincardine.
- George Lamb born 10 July 1828 christened 19 July 1828 in the parish of Nigg, Kincardine.
- William born 10 July 1830 christened 18 July 1830 in the parish of Nigg, Kincardine.
- Margaret born 1831 christened 1831 in the parish of Nigg, Kincardine.
- William [W12] born 1833 christened 13 February 1833 in the parish of Nigg, Kincardine. Married Ann (Betsy) Delgaty.
- Elizabeth born 1835 christened 19 March 1835 in the parish of Nigg, Kincardine - died 15 July 1912 in the parish of St Nicolas, Aberdeen. Had a relationship with Hendry Dunbar. Married Hector Rose.
- Helen born August 1836 in the parish of Nigg, Kincardine.
- James born 1837 christened 28 June 1837 in the parish of Nigg, Kincardine.
I am grateful to Nancy Loe for providing much of the detail for this family together with the links to D2, T1 and P6. She wrote:
David Mutch b. 1735 is my g-g-g-g-grandfather; James Mutch b. 1771 [J11] is my g-g-g-grandfather. His son Thomas [T1] b. 1815 is my g-g-grandfather and I've added his children to the report. It's his daughter, Mary, who was my g-g-grandmother. My sources are a combination of Scotland Census and professional research done for a second cousin by Kathleen Cory.
I also highlighted some additional children of James Mutch and Esther Nicol.
See full details of Nancy's information on the Mutch links to the Ross family.
[Note October 2020: This file and the relevant info here on the site have been updated since the original version was added.]
The information from Nancy also confirmed that son William was the William listed under family line W12 who married Ann Delgaty.
This information was printed from the Mutch Surname Website (www.mutches.com). If you can provide any new information, or correct any of the details above, please send it to the Webmaster at the email address posted on the website.